Introducing the DMC On-Line Community
The Davis Men's Council is pleased to offer the opportunity for men interested in men's work to develop a greater sense of community via the internet. We have developed 2 lists:
- The Davis Men's Council News is a bulletin board of interest to the local community. Messages can be sent out to everyone on the list. Replies would be made to the individual sender (if their email is listed) and not to the whole list. For example if you would like to be updated on DMC events, the annual Gathering, a BBQ sponsored by a local mens group or need to borrow a pick-up truck for the weekend, this list would be the place to get the word out. Likewise if you are going to the Redwood Men's Center Conference in May and would like to carpool with someone, that request might go here. To sign up for this list click: DMC News .
Once you are signed in you may post a message by clicking: Post News.
- The Davis Men's Council Forum/Discussion is a place where any member can initiate a discussion which will go out to all members on the list. Any member can respond, which again will be sent to all members of the list. Topics might include your opinion about the activities, events or gatherings in Davis; a request for advice or support in a difficult relationship; or the question: "what exactly is the Mankind Project?"
Because this is an unmoderated discussion list the following guidelines are suggested:
- Topics should be of general interest to a number of men. Avoid inflammatory issues guaranteed to incite an angry or hostile response. Reasonable controversy is invited.
- Be considerate in using actual names of other people. Slander and libel can distroy a good cause.
- Offer your own honest truth, and be respectful of each other's opinions.
- Solicitation for any purpose is inappropriate
To sign up for the Discussion/Forum list click: DMC Discussion/Forum
Once you have signed up for this list, you may post a discussion topic by clicking: Post Discussion Topic.
PROCESS FOR BOTH GROUPS: When you sign up for either or both groups, you will be sent a confirmation email. This is to protect you from being signed up maliciously. Anytime you would like to be deleted from either of these lists simply go to the signup links above. If you would prefer to receive email from these lists in a batch rather than individually, or at a specific email address, please contact Dean Dickerson. Comments about improving these lists are also welcomed by Dean.