by Elisabeth Sherwin, formerly of The Davis (Calif.) Enterprise
Over 400 book reviews and author interviews are indexed and on-line at this website.
These columns and articles have been featured in a number of newspapers.
For information about Elisabeth Sherwin visit Elisabeth's Bio page or reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Author Menu] [Date Menu] [Genre Menu] [Links] [Sponsors]
"Christmas Day in the mountains 2016" -- see January 1, 2017 column by Elisabeth Sherwin, now living in Colorado.
A simple plan leads to a much richer life -- see December 11, 2016 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
A Poet in Exile -- see November 19, 2016 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
Three excellent books perfect for international reading -- see October 9, 2016 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
UC Davis graduate publishes first novel -- see September 4, 2016 column by Elisabeth Sherwin posted 9-21-16.
"The Tudor Tailor: Reconstructing the 16th Century Dress" -- see August 28, 2016 column by Elisabeth Sherwin.
PRINTED MATTER ON THE WEB -- Resumed on a monthly basis starting January 2016
- January 1, 2017 Feature Article -- New for January 2017
- December 11, 2016 Feature Article -- New for December 2016
- November 19, 2016 Feature Article -- New for November 2016
- October 9, 2016 Feature Article -- New for October 2016
- September 4, 2016 Feature Article -- New for September 2016 (9-21-16)
- August 28, 2016 Feature Article -- New for August 2016
- August 21, 2016 Feature Article -- New for August 2016
- Recommended Reading; Elisabeth Sherwin's List of Books for 2003 -- December 1, 2003
- Recommended Reading -- Elisabeth Sherwin's List of Best Books
- Special; 10th Anniversary installment -- May 25, 1997
Directories and Indexes Updated for 2013
- Author Directory -- articles ordered by the author's surname (search engine).
- Date Directory -- article titles (subject search engine) ordered by date of publication.
- Genre Index -- articles described by type, with author's name and book title.
- Past Photos -- photos from past columns (see below for current image)
- Elisabeth's Return Links
- Elisabeth's Art Reviews -- On-line Art magazine supplement New
- Elisabeth's Travel Log -- On-line travel magazine supplement updated 06/29/07
- Come visit the real Georgia June, 2007
as described by Elisabeth
- Reporter describes her long, strange trip to India March, 2006
- Seven months after tsunami, exhausted care-givers need help
2 UCDMC docs
travel to Sri Lanka. August, 2005
- Brit captivated by sunny San Francisco, Yosemite. May, 2004
- I may be a minority voice on this, but I like Paris. November 2003
- A 12-step meeting in Uman, Ukraine October 2003
- Georgia to Armenia 2003 September 2003
- Sherwin's 2000 trip to Ukraine -- September, 2000
- Sherwin's 1998 trip to Ukraine -- September, 1998
- Visit China and England
[Author Menu] [Date Menu] [Genre Menu] [Home Page] [Links] [Sponsors]
"In the photo, [Lt Frank Sherwin] wearing his leather
flight jacket with the “night hawk” insignia (drawn by Milton Caniff of the
“Steve Canyon” comic strip fame). It looks like he has his hands on his
hips as he grins into the camera. The photo was taken on a windy day. He
looks young, brave..."
Follow this link to theAugust 15, 2005 feature in the Davis Enterprise and part of PRINTED MATTER ON THE WEB.
Caption by Elisabeth Sherwin, quoted from the above, linked column.
Photo by unknown, circa 1944.
This Web site is maintained with the assistance of The Davis Virtual Market (G.Richard Yamagata, PhD,) and is proud to be indexed in YAHOO: [Columna and Columnists] and [Literature Reviews]
Printed Matter's Growing List of Sponsors:
Davis Virtual Market Links of Solidarity