IUG Meeting, Monday, July 9, 2001
The Internet Users Group
Scavenger Hunt #2 !
- Who was Americas's 4th Vice President?
Answer: George Clinton was the 4th VP and served with Thomas Jefferson 1809-12
- Which member of the Wyeth dynasty painted "Pig and the Train"?
Answer: James (Jamie) Wyeth in 1970.
Jamie, born in 1946, was grandson of Newell (NC) Wyeth and second son of Andrew Wyeth
- What is the term used to describe a step in which a dancer jumps into the air and rapidly crosses the legs before and behind each other?
Answer: "Entrechat is a ballet term for weaving or braiding. A step of beating in which the dancer jumps into the air and rapidly crosses the legs before and behind each other."
- The recommended average daily dietary intake of selenium that is sufficient to meet the nutrient requirements for 97-98% of all individuals is 55 micrograms (mcg).
Which contains the most selenium, Brazil nuts or Cheddar Cheese?
Answer: Brazil nuts. 1 oz of Brazil nuts contains 840 mcg of selenium; 1 oz of Cheddar cheese contains 4 mcg.
- What percentage of cotton grown in the United States was derived through biotechnology rather than traditional cross pollination breeding techniques?
Answer: About 60%