The War in the South
The British decided to focus their attention to the South as loyalists
support was strong in many areas there.
- December 29, 1778
- Clinton's troops captured Savannah, Georgia.
- May 1780
- Clinton's troops took Charlestown, South Carolina.
- August 1780
- British were vitorious at Camdan, South Carolina.
- October 1780
- Patiots captured 1000 loyalist troops at border of North and
- January 1781
- Patriots won at Cowpens, North Carolina.
- March 1781
- Guilford Courthouse in North Carolina - British forced to
reteat to Yorktown as casualities got so great.
Davis Virtual Market